UU Chalice Lighter
What Is the UU Chalice Lighter Program?
The UU Chalice Lighter Program supports the growth of Unitarian Universalism by awarding grants to UU congregations help them
- call their first minister or hire their first time religious education professional, music director, volunteer coordinator, or other professional staff;
- purchase a building or land, construct a new building, or renovate their existing building;
- erect new signage or engage in other projects to increase visibility;
- develop new innovative programming for children, youth, or adults;
- create new web sites, broadcast, podcast, or video stream worship services; or develop innovative advertising, marketing, or community relations and outreach programs;
- encourage inter-congregational coordination, collaboration, and sharing;
- support the development of new satellite or branch congregations;
- increase diversity within the congregation; and
- develop other programs or projects that support the growth of Unitarian Universalism.
How Does It Work?
The PNWD Chalice Lighter program has been slightly revamped effective the 2019/2020 church year. Beginning July, 2019 there will be an active call open at all times: Fall – July-October; Winter – November-February, and Spring – March-June. As in the past, all calls for the fiscal year will open for contributions with the posting of the Fall call. If you prefer to fulfill your annual pledge in one sitting, you may still contribute to the Winter and Spring calls in advance when you make your Fall donation.
Many donors have requested the option to set up automated monthly payments. By having calls open continuously, automated monthly withdrawals will be easy for donors to arrange.
If you make your contributions by check, please make check payable to PNWD Chalice Lighters and mail to:
PNWD Chalice Lighters
P.O. Box 567
Brighton, CO 80601
If you are not yet a PNWD Chalice Lighter, you can sign up here to become a Chalice Lighter. If you are already enrolled as a PNWD Chalice Lighter, you can use this same form to let us know if you wish to change from paper mailings to receiving emailed calls.