Our Unitarian Universalist values, history and traditions must be both modeled and taught. As a community we try to model to our children our values of trust, empathy, learning and freedom. We affirm the following principles:
- The inherent work and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of works community with peace, lowery and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web al all existence of which we are a part.
These principles all rose out of historical events, discussions and how we learn about those as youth is through Religious Education.
During the pandemic, we curtailed most of our RE teaching and our teachers worked with kids and families on implementing our values through service.
It is time to come back together and move ahead with RE. The following poll will assist the Board in forming a new vision for VIUF’s Religious Education Program. All are encouraged to take the poll.